Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekly Report 12/1-12/5 : Christmas

Week 12
Christmas
We started December's Christmas unit study this week. I'm planning on a very fun month for the whole family. School will be very relaxed; I want to spend lots of time talking about Christmas, reading about Christmas, wrapping presents, crafting, and baking with the kids.

We spent many mornings this week playing with our Little People Nativity set and reading books from our Advent box.
These are the books we got from the library this week:
Reading
Miriam completed lessons 66-68 in The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading and lesson 2 Explode the Code Book 3. This week she learned about "silent E."

Math
This week Miriam did lesson 1 in her new Singapore Primary Math Book 1A book; reviewing numbers 1-10. We all did lessons 24-26 in RightStart A.
Science
We are reading about the human body for science. The hit of the week was turning toilet paper rolls into stethoscopes.

Bible
We are still reading about David during Bible time. This week we've been talking about David and Saul's relationship. Next week David becomes king.

Handwriting
Miriam finished the kindergarten book in the A Reason For Handwriting series. She'll be starting the first grade handwriting book in January.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Fun week. Christmas time is always full of informal lessons and so much fun. Have a good weekend.

Robin of mytwoblessings

Paige said...

Toilet paper rolls as stethoscopes? That's a new one for me. Looks like a great week, thanks for sharing!

Ruskin said...

The books look lovely. Enjoy your Advent studies!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful and enjoyable week you've had.
I love this time of year-it makes for fun, relaxed learning.
I hope you have a wonderful week-end! :)

Tonia said...

Toilet paper roll stethoscopes - I love that! My dd loves the "Your Skin and Mine" book.

Looks like a fun week! :0)