Week 20
Life in the Woods
This week we continued learning about the woods. We even had a real life lesson when we learned all about the field mouse that made his way from the nearby woods into our garage (YUCK!). Miriam enjoyed looking for information about mice in her encyclopedias. We finished reading Ginger Pye and also read Lost in the Woods. The kids loved learning about deciduous and evergreen trees and then making their own snowy evergreen pictures. I was amazed at how well Rebekah's fine motor skills are progressing; she was able to cut the triangles I drew on her paper independently. Michael had a great time shredding paper, gluing and painting too.
Language Arts
Miriam finished reading A Little Shopping. She also finished lesson 5 in Explode the Code 6 and step 10 in All About Spelling 2. She continued to work on past and present tense linking verbs in Growing with Grammar.
Rebekah continues to work on the "u" sound in Explode the Code1.
Math
Miriam finished lesson 63 in Rightstart B. She is beginning to learn borrowing with 9s.
Rebekah worked on identifying numbers to 18.

8 comments:
Your kids are so cute - looks like another fun week!
Lovely forest! We need some woods around here (you have keep the mouse though). Beautiful pictures.
Cute pics- kids and paste!
Looks like everyone had a great week.
I love their snowy evergreen pictures! Looks like fun.
Ginger Pye and A Little shopping - great books this week!
I love their art work!
What a fun week!
Post a Comment