Monday, November 10, 2008

Miriam is writing and reading independently!

Here are the beautiful cards Miriam brought me today.Miriam's translation, "I love you because you are my favorite Mommy."

"Miriam says I love you very much."

She's learning to read through the phonics method, and look how she spelled the words above. She's definitely "getting" it!

She is also finding books on our shelves that she can read independently. Today she read Sheep in a Jeep, The Going to Bed Book, Biscuit, and Biscuit Wants to Play to Rebekah and Michael!

I just ordered the next phonics, math, and handwriting books from the homeschool store this evening-she'll be done with all of the core academics I had planned for Pre-K/K in the next 3 or 4 weeks. WOW! She just turned 5 a month ago!

2 comments:

Blah said...

It looks like you guys are having a great year... what a rewarding accomplishment for both of you! I love your cards!

Unknown said...

She is an amazing child...not just because she's my super-smart granddaughter, but she just is amazing in many ways. Credit goes to you: I am proud of you, my daughter. You are doing an amazing job with your children. How blessed I am to have two daughters who show love whole-heartily, 24/7 to your children!