March - April 23th
We've had a busy 2 months in our household; baby Peyton is now 6 weeks old and we are falling back into routine slowly. The girls have been "doing school" mostly in short chunks here and there rather than our normal 9:30-11:30am mornings 4 days a week. We started back with our normal schedule on Wednesday this week. I'm hoping to drop to 3 days a week; leaving the other days open for general family life and fun outings while the weather is so nice. I think we'll be doing schooling at least 2 days a week all through the summer in math and reading, and with Miriam already so advanced I'm not worried about "getting it all done" this year.Reading
Miriam finished Explode the Code book 3 and is on lesson 112 in The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading. She's read Grizzwold, Chester, several Amelia Bedelia books and much of her Bible for Beginning Readers during "school time," outside of school time she's reading anything and everything she can get her hands on. I can no longer read confidential emails with her looking over my shoulder!
Rebekah completed Get Ready for the Code book A!!! She also does The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading with me each day. She knows almost all of her letter sounds and began learning to blend short words this week! She is so proud of herself after reading at, ad, am, and an.
Math
Miriam is learning to read a clock with RightStart math and is also working on subtraction and simple word problems in Singapore 1A.
Rebekah is learning to write numbers 1-10 and to count/label groups of objects in her Singapore Earlybird math book.
Science
We've been reading The Berenstain Bear's Big Book of Science and Nature and spending as much time as possible at the park enjoying the nature around us.
Art
The girls were thrilled with a box of art supplies and The Usborne Complete Book of Art Ideas last week. Miriam loves to choose a project from the book to recreate. Oil pastels were a big hit this week. 

3 comments:
I'm impressed, especially with an new baby in the house. I'm looking forward to summer light work, just have to decide when that will be.
I loved the Berenstain Bear's Big Book of Science. We still look at our copy occasionally.
sounds like another productive book. I haven't seen the Usborne art ideas book...I'll check it out.
Post a Comment