Week 22
I'm posting this a day early since we'll be spending Friday at the local science museum..Life in the Polar Regions
We've enjoyed learning about the Artic and Antarctic regions this week. Mr. Popper's Penguins continues to be a hit for the entire family. At half way through I think this has been our favorite chapter book read aloud ever!
Language Arts
Miriam has finished through lesson 8 in Explode the Code. She did review lessons in Growing with Grammar this week and then moved on to adjectives. She finished Step 13 in All About Spelling; she's halfway through this book. She did lesson 9 in WriteShop Primary A, writing and illustrating a story about playing in the snow last week. She finished both books #4 and book #5 (Summer Party) in the Cobble Street Cousins series.
Rebekah enjoyed working in her preschool skill workbooks this week during LA time. She also played with the All About Spelling tiles and listened to her big sister read aloud.
Math
Miriam completed through lesson 68 in Rightstart B. She also began working on time in Bob Jones 1.
Rebekah continued to work on simple bar graphs and counting groups of objects in Bob Jones K.
Art
Miriam has always enjoyed drawing and all things artistic and crafty. She seems to have inherited her Daddy's artistic abilities. I've been at a loss as to how to encourage and teach her when I still draw stick figures myself; even in elementary school art class was my least favorite subject! We stumbled upon Mark Kistler's Imagination Station on the PBS TV station on Saturday morning. Miriam fell in love with the program instantly. I then found out that the homeschool buying club is offering a 3 year subscription to his on-line lessons for half price! Miriam has worked on drawing lessons almost every afternoon this week. Even the younger children have been interested in drawing; though Michael spends more time playing with the kneaded eraser than he does drawing. 

Miriam and Rebekah both worked on making koala bears.
After her Daddy saw the care Miriam was taking with her new art supplies and how much she loves the lessons he brought out his box of 120 Prismacolor pencils and told Miriam that she could use them. She was thrilled!

10 comments:
What cutie pies! Love the drawings!
They did a great job with the drawings. I, like you, am more of a stick girl myself :)
Ooooh, he shared his prismacolors?!? I am guilty of being stingy on that front. The drawings were really wonderful!
It sounds like you had a great week.
Enjoy the museum (post lots of pics, please).
Those are amazing drawings!
We love Mr. Popper's Penguins here, too.
Hope you are enjoying the science museum! Your kids are just precious! We loved Mr. Popper's Penguins here, too! ;)
Great drawings! My 5yo is next to me right now, asking me, "Can we do this, too?"
Looks like I'll be beginning a search for art books!
:)
Great drawing! I've been eyeing Mark Kistler's program. I think my dd would love it. Looks like your kids are enjoying it!
Wow, your children could come teach mine a thing or two about drawing. Love the picture of them all huddled around the laptop, pencils at the ready!
Your dd is an artist... to take such care at such an early age... glad you found something that will spur on that interest. I think I'll check it out myself.
Looks like a great week! Love the drawings and those prismacolor pencils are a treat.
Post a Comment