Reading
Miriam did lessons 54 and 55 in The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading and lesson 6 in Explode the Code 2. She sounded out her first six letter word today! (shrimp)
Math
Hooray for Rightstart Math!! We are having so much fun! Miriam says it's the best math ever-and math was already her favorite subject. This program is exceeding my expectations so far! We breezed through the first 7 lessons on the first day. She can already see the quantities without counting so she just needed to learn the Rightstart way of showing numbers with her hands, the sticks, and on the abacus. Rebekah even joined in. She was able to show all the numbers and could even use the abacus all the way to 10 without counting each bead! WOW!! I am going to have to buy 2 more abacus since Rebekah and Michael wanted in on the fun.
(yes we usually do school in our jammies!)
These are the girls' "cubist" self portraits. Miriam on the left, Rebekah on the right.
These are the pictures the girls did after looking at Picasso's blue period paintings. Miriam's is in shades of yellow for happiness. Rebekah's is in shades of red because red is her favorite color, she wanted to be sure that I knew she was not mad or angry since she was painting red.

4 comments:
What a great week. I love all of their artwork.
Isn't is great that the younger ones want in on the learning fun and you have to get an abacus for each of them too.
We just finished Russia in our GTG and will visit Great Britain next week.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful week.
What cuties.
We loved and still do love reading "the story of ferdinand".
Thanks for sharing.
Robin
Looks like fun! I love the artwork they did, thanks for sharing.
Hi! Just wanted to tell you I nominated you for a blog award! :)
Post a Comment